Fire officials believe a piece of dental equipment caused the four-alarm blaze Monday night at a home and dentist's office in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood, according to   official tweets from the Boston Fire Department.

One firefighter and two residents were injured in the fire at 130 Babson Street, near Mattapan Square, the department tweeted. 

Two people who were inside the house were treated at the scene, according to the department, but the nature of their injuries has not been made public.

RELATED:   Candle sparks Jamaica Plain fire

The wounded firefighter suffered an "orthopedic injury" that was described in a tweet as non-life threatening.

Fire crews responded to the house just after 4 p.m. By around 5:45 p.m., most of the flames had been extinguished, but there were still “pockets of fire” in the home’s attic, the department tweeted.

Fire officials believe the fire was accidental and have estimated damages at $500,000, the department tweeted.