NYC is about to add another food hall to its roster as early as the first week of January, and it's full of marquee names.
The Pennsy at Pennsylvania Plaza will open just above Penn Station at street level, inside a former Borders, the New York Post reported. The food hall at 2 Penn Plaza is a project of Mary Giuliani, a celebrity caterer whose Mario by Mary (that's Batali, who provides the recipes) will get a home there, alongside some of the best known names in the city's foodie scene:
• Most excitingly, the vegan connoisseurs at the Cinnamon Snail food truck will have a space to call their own
• Marc Forgione will use his Lobster Press restaurant to interpret the mollusk in every way, from chili to seafood salad (Eater)
• The Bar, "a happy hour spot for commuters and spots fans," according to the Post
• a project by meat mogul Pat LaFreida will include filet mignon sandwiches
• an outpost of Franklin Becker's The Little Beet
If you're not taking your grub on the train, there will also be about 300 seats. Check out their Instagram for a sneak peek of the construction: