Sixteen residents of a Dorchester home were displaced after a four-alarm fire tore through a triple-decker at 29 Alpha Road Saturday night.
No one was injured, fire officials said. Damage was estimated at $750,000, according to fire department spokesman Steve MacDonald.
The Red Cross was assisting the 10 adults and six children displaced, MacDonald said.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- 10 finalists for TIME Person of the Year 2018 11 Pictures
Investigators do not suspect foul play. The blaze was accidental and began in the first-floor apartment when a candle ignited a puddle of spilled nail polish, according to MacDonald.
A photo, which the department said was captured by a neighbor before first-responders arrived, shows flames roaring on three front-side porches, peeling back the house’s siding and spewing thick black smoke.
A neighbor took this photo of 29 Alpha Rd. before arrival of firefighters. No injuries. pic.twitter.com/UgZZvJKxB8— Boston Fire Dept. (@BostonFire) December 27, 2015