Sixteen residents of a Dorchester home were displaced after a four-alarm fire tore through a triple-decker at 29 Alpha Road Saturday night.
No one was injured, fire officials said. Damage was estimated at $750,000, according to fire department spokesman Steve MacDonald.
The Red Cross was assisting the 10 adults and six children displaced, MacDonald said.
Investigators do not suspect foul play. The blaze was accidental and began in the first-floor apartment when a candle ignited a puddle of spilled nail polish, according to MacDonald.
A photo, which the department said was captured by a neighbor before first-responders arrived, shows flames roaring on three front-side porches, peeling back the house’s siding and spewing thick black smoke.
A neighbor took this photo of 29 Alpha Rd. before arrival of firefighters. No injuries. pic.twitter.com/UgZZvJKxB8
— Boston Fire Dept. (@BostonFire) December 27, 2015