|Brockton Fire/Twitter1/3 |Brockton Fire/Twitter
|Brockton Fire/Twitter2/3 |Brockton Fire/Twitter
|Brockton Fire/Twitter3/3 |Brockton Fire/Twitter
A Brockton family lost their home and were rushed to a hospital after a fire Tuesday.
A mother and her two young children were alone in the home when it caught fire around 2:30 a.m., WBZ reported.
Fueled by strong winds, the fire spread quickly, engulfing the entire porch.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
“They were very lucky. Another few minutes and they probably wouldn’t have made it,”Brockton Fire Capt. Edward Williams said.
Investigators saidthe fire may have started near the fireplace. The family was alerted to the blaze by smoke detectors.
Family escapes house fire when alerted by smoke detectors sounding.— Brockton Fire (@Brockton_Fire) December 27, 2016
Photos show the remnants of what is left of detector. CHECK YOURS TODAY! pic.twitter.com/NSlNUUqzCG
The family was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. They are expected to be OK. The Red Cross is assisting the family.