A recently fired Plymouth Parks Department employee has been arrested on charges related to an attack on a Morton Park jogger.
On Thursday afternoon, police arrived at Morton Park, where they found a female jogger, 39, suffering from multiple stab wounds after she had been assaulted by an attacker wielding pruning shears, WCVB reported.
Police had received numerous calls of a woman screaming in the park, CBS Boston reported, adding that she had been attacked while jogging on a secluded trail and a passerby helped fight off her assailant.
After a search of the area, police arrested 28-year-old Daryl Moyer, a former seasonal Parks Department employee who was later charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, armed assault with intent to murder, armed assault with intent to rape, indecent assault and battery and other related charges, WCVB stated.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Moyer, who was fired from his position after the incident, was scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, according to CBS Boston.
The victim was treated for serious injuries at South Shore Hospital, WCVB added, also reporting that police said other parkgoing members of the public are not in any danger related to the attack.