Do I really have to clean my dishwasher? And how and why should I go about this?
Believe it or not, you actually really do need to clean your dishwasher, and ideally this should be done monthly.
But the good news is that it is simple to do.
1. Remove all dishes from the dishwasher including any debris you may find in the bottom.
Pour the white vinegar into the empty dishwasher. Do not use soap.
2. Turn the dishwasher on to the highest heat setting and run a full cycle.
Ideally the temperature should reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for a full seven minutes to fully kill all of the bacteria and disinfect the dishwasher.
3. Clean the door gasket, door edge and seal on a weekly basis with a damp cloth to remove food particles and other debris.
4. Check for hard water deposits and clean spray arms on deep cleans to ensure that the spray arms are unobstructed.
• Got a question? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org