Blessed be: The third Kardashian-West baby has finally blessed us with her presence.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s surrogate gave birth to a baby girl, whose name we don't yet know, on January 15 at 12:47 am.
Kardashian announced the news on her website, writing, "Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl. We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care."
The baby girl joins older siblings North, 4, and Saint, 2, who are apparently very, very excited about it. "North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister," she wrote.
Kardashian, 37, chose surrogacy after two difficult, high risk pregnancies. With North, she suffered from early-onset preeclampsia and had to deliver nearly six weeks early. She also had complications during labor with Saint, suffering from placenta accreta — a condition where the placenta remains attached to the wall of the uterus. That also happened with North.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
“Given her health scares in the past, Kim felt the need to hire a surrogacy agency that helped serve as the liaison in finding a healthy woman who would be a great surrogate option for her and Kanye," a source told People in September. "Both of them have been super involved in the process.”
In November, she admitted to Entertainment Tonight that the process of surrogacy has been a hard experience for her family, too.
"Anyone that says or thinks it is just the easy way out is just completely wrong,” she said. “I think it is so much harder to go through it this way, because you are not really in control. And, you know, obviously you pick someone that you completely trust and that you have a good bond and relationship with.
“But it is still ... knowing that I was able to carry my first two babies and not, you know, my baby now, it's hard for me. So, it's definitely a harder experience than I anticipated just in the control area."
All's well that ends well, eh? Congratulations to the Kardashian-West family on the new addition to their family. Babies are fun! Until they’re vomiting on you, but even then it’s fine because they’re cute!