What do you get for the megalomaniacal hip-hop superstar who has everything? If your Kim Kardashian and said rapper is husband Kanye West, you get him a private night of slam dunk contests at the Staples Center, home of the L.A. Lakers to celebrate his birthday. "Kim rented out the Staples Center so Kanye and his boys could play an NBA-style game with real refs and Laker girls," a source tells E! News. "John Salley was the announcer. Houston Rockets player James Harden and rapper 2 Chainz were the coaches. John Legend sang the national anthem."
The party, which cost a reported $110,000, was attended by Justin Bieber, Tyga and NBA stars Russell Westbrook and John Wall, plus there were video messages from Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Carmelo Anthony and Shaquille O'Neal that played on the jumbotron. But man, wouldn't it have been awkward if it turned out West didn't really like basketball all that much? Also, I would genuinely like to hear more about 2 Chainz's coaching style.
Follow Ned Ehrbar on Twitter: @nedrick
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures