Get your DVR’s ready people: “The Sinner,” USA Network’s latest crime thriller, finally airs tonight, August 2 at 10/9c. And, props to the often overlooked channel for all the hype, because even this writer — a 20-something who is afraid of the dark — will be tuning in.
Jessica Biel stars in the internationally bestselling novel turned fast-paced TV mystery, or whatever the eff this show is. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen Justin Timberlake's smokin' wife on screen, but it looks like she’s back and killing it as the show’s main character, Cora Tannetti. Literally though. Biel plays a typical suburban housewife — one who not so typically murders some random dude on a beach day with her fam. That's cute.
The trailer itself is pretty revealing: We see Biel go straight in for the kill; prison cell breakdowns, and some good good detective scenes. Bill Pullman, playing the show's overworked investigator, becomes fixated on discovering a motive, since Biel fails to spill any goodies in her confession.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
What the trailer doesn't reveal is why she did it. Which is annoying AF. A seemingly normal MILF impulsively stabs a hot, young guy in public, and all we get from her is an “I just did it, and I don’t know why?” We need answers! Not even her hubby, Mason, played by Christopher Abbot, knows what the hell is going on. Is Cora mentally insane? Does she have a sordid past? Is she possessed?
Overall, the series seems pretty legit, it "drops the customary whodunit for a 'whydunit.'" according to CNN and scorred a whopping 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. And since “The Sinner” is a limited series with only 8 episodes, there’s no time to waste. So, what'll it be — crazy about an ex or just crazy?