The following statements were posted to the verified Twitter accounts of U.S. President Donald Trump, @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.
The opinions expressed are his own. Reuters has not edited the statements or confirmed their accuracy.
– On behalf of the American people, THANK YOU to our incredible law enforcement officers. As President of the United States – I will fight for you, and I will never, ever let you down. Now, more than ever, we must support the men and women in blue! #LawEnforcementAppreciationDay [1211 EST]
– It was my great honor to sign H.R. 267, the “Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park Act,” which redesignates the Martin Luther King, Junior, National Historic Site in the State of Georgia as the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park. 45.wh.gov/T5ByM5 [1517 EST]
– Thanks to all of the Republican and Democratic lawmakers for today’s very productive meeting on immigration reform. There was strong agreement to negotiate a bill that deals with border security, chain migration, lottery and DACA. 45.wh.gov/POTUS45 [1751 EST]
– Today, it was my great honor to sign a new Executive Order to ensure Veterans have the resources they need as they transition back to civilian life. We must ensure that our HEROES are given the care and support they so richly deserve! http://45.wh.gov/HEROES [1807 EST]
– As I made very clear today, our country needs the security of the Wall on the Southern Border, which must be part of any DACA approval. [1916 EST]
– Thank you @GOPLeader Kevin McCarthy! Couldn’t agree w/you more. TOGETHER, we are #MAGA http://bit.ly/2ANfP3G [2248 EST]
– .@ICEgov HSI agents and ERO officers, on behalf of an entire Nation, THANK YOU for what you are doing 24/7/365 to keep fellow American’s SAFE. Everyone is so grateful!
#LawEnforcementAppreciationDay President @realDonaldTrump http://bit.ly/2CXcaFf [2323 EST]
(Compiled by Bengaluru bureau)