There could a breastfeeding emoji available to the public.
In November, Unicode will hold their quarterly Technical Committee meeting hosted by IBM. The committee will review and discuss several new emoji proposals made this year that will be considered for version 10.
Some of the new emoji proposals include an almond, a coconut, a Mermaid and a mother breastfeeding.
The breastfeeding emoji was created as an alternative to the popular “baby bottle” emoji that typically represents feeding a baby.
Rachel Lee, a registered nurse at the University College of London Hospital, submitted the proposal for the breastfeeding emoji.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
“The lack of a breastfeeding emoji represents a gap in the Unicode Standard given the prevalence of breastfeeding in cultures around the world, and throughout history,” she wrote in her proposal.
The breastfeeding emoji has been featured in the “Emojipedia Top 30 for 2016,” so there’s a chance it could make it.
We want to know your thoughts.