Denny Hamlin, one of four two-time winners in the NASCAR Cup Series this year, will start on the pole Sunday for the Dixie Vodka 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Hamlin, coming off a 24th-place finish Sunday at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway earned the designation Thursday in a blind draw. Joey Logano, also a two-time winner in 2020, will open next to Hamlin in the front row for the start of the 400.5-miles, 267-lap race.
Kyle Busch, who won the 2019 Homestead-Miami race to clinch the series championship, will start fourth. Brad Keselowski, looking for his third series win in less than a month, drew the third starting spot.
Chase Elliott will start fifth and Martin Truex Jr. sixth. Both have won races since NASCAR resumed action following a two-month hiatus caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
The seventh starting spot will be occurred by Kevin Harvick, the other two-time race winner this year.
The first 12 positions were filled in a random draw of charter teams in those positions based on team owner points.
The same procedure was followed to fill slots 13 through 24, then slots 25 through 36. The 37th and 38th positions were assigned to open, non-chartered teams in order of owner points.
Starting order for the Dixie Vodka 400 with grid position, car number, driver name and car
Sunday, 3:30 p.m. ET, FOX, MRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, at Homestead-Miami Speedway, 400.5 miles, 267 laps
1. 11 Denny Hamlin, Toyota
2. 22 Joey Logano, Shell Pennzoil Ford
3. 2 Brad Keselowski, MoneyLion Ford
4. 18 Kyle Busch, M&M’s Messages Toyota
5. 9 Chase Elliott, Hooters Chevrolet
6. 19 Martin Truex Jr., Toyota
7. 4 Kevin Harvick, Busch Light Ford
8. 88 Alex Bowman, LLUMAR Chevrolet
9. 48 Jimmie Johnson, Ally Chevrolet
10. 1 Kurt Busch, GEARWRENCH Chevrolet
11. 12 Ryan Blaney, Menards/Jack Links Ford
12. 14 Clint Bowyer, BlueDEF Ford
13. 17 Chris Buescher, Fastenal Ford
14. 6 Ryan Newman, Oscar Mayer Subkit Ford
15. 20 Erik Jones, Toyota Accessories Toyota
16. 3 Austin Dillon, DOW/Behr Ultra Scuff Defense Chevrolet
17. 43 Bubba Wallace, World Wide Technology Chevrolet
18. 38 John Hunter Nemechek, Death Wish Coffee Ford
19. 47 Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Kroger Chevrolet
20. 42 Matt Kenseth, Credit One Bank Chevrolet
21. 10 Aric Almirola, Smithfield Ford
22. 24 William Byron, Chevrolet
23. 21 Matt DiBenedetto, Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford
24. 8 Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet
25. 27 JJ Yeley, Rick Ware Racing Ford
26. 32 Corey LaJoie, Storm Tight Windows Ford
27. 53 Josh Bilicki, Rick Ware Racing Chevrolet
28. 15 Brennan Poole, Chevrolet
29. 51 Joey Gase, Petty Ware Racing Ford
30. 34 Michael McDowell, Ford
31. 00 Quin Houff, Good Greek Movers Chevrolet
32. 13 Ty Dillon, GEICO For Your Boat Chevrolet
33. 37 Ryan Preece, Slim Jim Chevrolet
34. 77 BJ McLeod, Formula One Imports Chevrolet
35. 41 Cole Custer, Jacob Co./HaasTooling.com Ford
36. 95 Christopher Bell, Rheem/Smurfit Kappa Toyota
37. 96 Daniel Suarez, Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Toyota
38. 66 Timmy Hill, RoofClaim.com Toyota
–Field Level Media