Hard Rock may be better known for its cafe than its casinos, but we’re taking a look inside the brand’s online casino in our search for New Jersey’s best.
About Hard Rock
Hard Rock, a brand known throughout the world for its rock ‘n’ roll-themed casinos and cafes, opened its first casino in Atlantic City in June 2018 and launched its online casino a few months after that.
Live blackjack dealers: Play now at SugarHouse
Banking: Deposits and Withdrawals
• Global Pay – Instant deposit; available for withdrawal.
• PayPal – eWallet. Instant deposit; available for withdrawal.
• Visa/MasterCard – Use your debit or credit card to deposit funds into your online account. Instant deposit; not available for withdrawal.
• Play+ Card – Personalized card. Instant deposit; available for withdrawal.
• PayNearMe – Deposit funds into your account at a local 7-Eleven. Instant deposit after approval; not available for withdrawal.
• Cash at cage – Deposit funds or pick up winnings at the cashier at the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City.
Promotions and rewards
Hard Rock offers new players a 100 percent first deposit match up to $1,000 and 50 free spins to be used on one of the following five slots:
• Divine Fortune
• Guns N Roses
• Jimi Hendrix
• Finn and the Swirly Spin
There is a 30X minimum wagering requirement before you can withdraw any winnings from the bonus money. Games count at the following rates to the wagering requirements:
• Slots: 100 percent
• Table games: 20 percent
• Video poker: 20 percent
Wild Card Comps – Players earn comp dollars to be credited to their balance by playing casino games. The site does not have specific information on how much you need to wager to earn a comp dollar or if there is a minimum wagering requirement before you can withdraw any comp money.
Rockstar Rewards – As you play, you fill up your Power Bar, which you can find from My Account. When the Power Bar is maxed out, you move up a level and unlock a new Wheel of Rock. After every new wheel, you claim the wheel and spin it to reveal your Rock Coin prize. Players can redeem their coins for free spins, deposit matches, and stays at the Hard Rock in Atlantic City.
Hard Rock has a very different user interface than most other online casinos. Their search bar and information is along the left side of the screen on the main page and the top half of the page is taken up by a carousel of promotions. The site offers all the games you would expect but finding information, as we’ve noted, can frustrating. Your rewards are hidden and not easily accessed. To receive any promotions, you must go to the promotions tab, then opt in, then go to My Account, then to Rewards just to claim one spin. It’s a long process and not a simple one.
Types of games
Blackjack: Five tables open with two side bet options for your two hole cards; Table Minimums $5-$20; Maximum $1000-$2500
Roulette: Two types are offered, standard and slingshot roulette with an automated wheel allowing more spins per hour; Table Minimum .10 cents-$1; Maximum $5000
Baccarat: Table Minimum $1; Maximum $10,000
Three Card Poker: Table Minimum .50 cents; Maximum $2500
Ultimate Texas Hold’Em: Table Minimum .50 cents; Maximum $500
Blackjack: Two types offered; Table Minimum $1-$10; Maximum $10-$1000
Roulette: Four types are offered.
• 3 Wheel Roulette – Three wheels spins at the same time, meaning three times the chance to hit your number. You must bet three times the amount though. No posted minimum.
• Double Bonus Spin – Standard American rules with extra-wide yellow well with different bonus payouts. No posted minimum.
• Roulette Master – European rules. No posted minimum.
• Roulette – European rules. No posted minimum.
Video Poker: Five types are offered.
• Five Play Draw Poker
• Bonus Poker
• Double Bonus Poker
• Double Double Bonus Poker
• Jacks or Better
Hard Rock has a smaller offering than most other casinos with more than 200 virtual slots. They have two progressive jackpots, Cleopatra and Siberian Storm, both over $500,000.
Play live dealers online: Sign up at Golden Nugget
Hard Rock faces a tall test in trying to stand out in the crowded New Jersey online casino market. The overall game experience matches what players should expect from a major brand. As the site matures, it remains to be seen if it’s ultimately a headliner, or relegated to opening act.