Hearty Sausage & Pepper Sauté
1 medium onion, sliced
4 mild Italian sausages (substitute spicy chicken or vegetarian sausages if desired)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 red, orange and/or yellow peppers, washed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch slices
4 large white mushrooms, cut into 1/8-inch slices
salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook sausages, remove from pan and slice into 1/2-inch rounds.
2. Place rounds back in pan, add peppers and sauté for an additional 3 minutes, tossing to coat.
3. Add onion and mushrooms. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
4. Sauté ingredients until onions are transparent and peppers retain a bit of crunchiness.
5. To serve, heap generously onto a bun for an open-faced sandwich, or atop cooked rice. Just as delicious the next day!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes