Facundo Fireside|1/6 Facundo Fireside|
|Matt Piacentini2/6 |Matt Piacentini
|Paul Wagtouicz5/6 |Paul Wagtouicz
A cold, snowy, stuck-indoors night is the best excuse to snuggle up with a warm cocktail. Here are five cocktail recipes perfect for sharing with your fellow house-bound buddies, or heating up as a treat for yourself — so get to the store and stock up on these ingredients right now.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
Created by Chaim Dauermann of Up & Up in New York
.5 oz Jagermeister
1 oz Whistle Pig Rye
1 oz Atlantico Reserva Rum
.25 oz Montanaro Grappa di Arneis
.5 oz Pistachio Orgeat Nutmeg
• Add all wet ingredients to a tin and whip (without any ice) until frothy.
•Pour into coffee mug.
• Top with hot water from the kettle.
• Top with freshly grated nutmeg on top.
• Serve in a coffee mug.
1 ¼ parts Frangelico
4 parts hot chocolate
Top with whipped cream
• Stir Frangelico in your favorite hot chocolate.
• Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate flakes.
2 parts Facundo Eximo
3 parts coffee
1 part Simple Syrup
1 Lemon peel
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Orange peel
3 Coffee beans
• In a shallow pan, add rum, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, orange peel, coffee beans and simple syrup.
• Set the combination on fire and allow to burn for 3 minutes.
• Extinguish the flame by adding the coffee and serve in a mug.
Cutty Sark Hot Toddy
Created by Kenneth McCoy of Ward III in New York
2 oz Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz Honey water syrup
Splash of fresh pressed ginger juice (You can also muddle fresh ginger in the glass)
Hot water from a kettle
• Combine everything into a mixing vessel stir with a bar spoon.
• Heat your glass with hot water to be sure the glass isn't cold. When ready to pour contents into glass, pour out the hot water.
•Strain in your cocktail
• Add hot water on top (about 4 oz)
• Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a flamed orange peel.
6 oz Patrón Añejo
2 oz Patrón XO Café Incendio
3 cups milk
.75 circle of Chocolate Abuelita
• Heat milk and Chocolate Abuelita in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
• Mix continuously with wire whisk until mixture is frothy and starts to simmer.
• Remove from heat and add Patrón Añejo Tequila and Patrón XO Café Incendio to taste.
• Pour into a warmed mug; float thickened cream on top and dust with fresh grated cinnamon.