It’s fitting that in this injury-riddled season, we had injury news coming out of the All-Star game. Dwyane Wade took a hack at Kobe Bryant, breaking his nose and giving him a mild concussion. Luol Deng tripped and fell on his troublesome wrist. Andrew Bynum played only five minutes due to concerns about his knee.
Again, the active owner is the successful one. Those that were quick to add Jeremy Lin, Nikola Pekovic and Isaiah Thomas know that.
Here are some guys to consider as we come out of the break:
1. Nate Robinson, PG, Warriors: Steph Curry’s right wheel is dinged again. Although he says he won’t miss much time, we really don’t know. NateRob has been explosive this season anytime Curry has missed games.
2. Josh Howard, SF, Jazz: The Jazz are seriously considering benching Raja Bell, kicking Gordon Hayward to shooting guard and starting Howard. The veteran is a poor bet to stay healthy, but there’s some upside here.
3. Andray Blatche, PF, Wizards: At long last, his calf appears to be nearing health. Blatche is in the middle of a $35 million contract, which means he’s a good bet to get his starting job back from Trevor Booker.
4. Bismack Biyombo, C, Bobcats: Biyombo is a shot-blocking machine and now locked in as a starter. The Bobcats have committed to playing their youth the rest of the way. Just don’t expect many points.
5. Matt Bonner, PF/C, Spurs: With Tiago Splitter (calf) out and Tim Duncan in need of constant rest, Bonner is getting plenty of minutes for the next week or two. He’s a good bet for at least two treys per game.