Cops are on the lookout for a man who they said assaulted three different women within the span of 3 hours on early Thursday morning.
Investigators released a photo of the unidentified man — described as black, in his mid-20s or 30s and standing at about 5-feet-10-inches tall — taken inside the apartment building of one of the women who survived his sexual assault.
Authorities said the man began his series of attacks at around 5:40 a.m. as a 33-year-old woman walked into her apartment building on James Street.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The suspect followed her in and grabbed her as he attempted to rape and rob her. The woman fended him off however, forcing him to flee from the building.
Two hours later, the same man allegedly began stalking a 24-year-old woman as she also walked into her building on Broome Street. Like with the first woman, the suspect grabbed the victim.
He was able to take the woman's identification before she began to scream and scared him away at around 7:40 a.m.
But only one hour later, cops believe he changed his strategy, this time emerging from a staircase as a woman walked into her apartment building on the FDR drive.
The 40-year-old woman told police the man began a conversation with her only to soon force her into her apartment, where he then raped her.
The suspect then left the woman behind as he ran away from the scene. The woman ended up at a local hospital where doctors treated and released her.
Police ask that anyone with information about the suspect or any of the incidents confidentially call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.