Update: Fox 25 News staff have returned to the building. Original story: Fox 25 News in Boston said Friday evening they received a threat and had to stop their newscast. The Dedham Fire Department confirmed that a bomb threat was called into the Dedham building and all employees had been evacuated.
Boston 25 News has been forced to stop our regular newscast due to a threat to our building. We hope to be back on the air with our regular news & weather programming as soon as it’s safe to do so. Thank you for your patience.— Boston 25 News (@boston25) November 10, 2017
"Boston 25 News has been forced to stop our regular newscast due to a threat to our building. We hope to be back on the air with our regular news & weather programming as soon as it’s safe to do so. Thank you for your patience," the station said on Twitter at 5:20 p.m.
The news station, which is based out of Dedham, Mass, did not elaborate any further and no one answered the phone when Metro called for comment. Dedham police told Metro that they had "no information to release yet." NBC Boston later reported that a bomb threat was confirmed.
Fox 25 also shared the same message on its Facebook account.
Within minutes after Fox 25's tweet, fans started to express their concerns.
Please update us on what’s going on... hope everyone stays safe.— Rebecca Bicalho (@RebeccaBicalho) November 10, 2017
Please everyone stay safe..prayers are with all of you— Judith Rivera-Pfeil (@countbumpkin) November 10, 2017