Quantcast
One year later — still no leads - Metro US

One year later — still no leads

A photo of two young Toronto men taken just minutes before they were shot to death almost a year ago was released yesterday in the hopes of spurring new leads in a case that has a “completely unclear” motive.

Dylan Ellis and Oliver Martin, both 25, were shot and killed in a sport utility vehicle after they pulled up outside a friend’s condo on June 13 in downtown Toronto. Detectives handed out the photo after debating its release for some time, said Toronto Police Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux.

“We are hoping someone will see this — two best friends in the prime of their lives — and it will trigger something, that someone will see this and come forward.”

In the picture, Ellis and Martin are facing each other laughing. Martin’s girlfriend took the photo from the back seat of the vehicle they were sitting in.

A short time later, a man approached the driver’s side of the vehicle and fired three shots, fatally striking the men in their chests. Police believe the gunman may not have realized Martin’s girlfriend was crouched in the back seat.

Over the past year, police said no witnesses have come forward to suggest the pair had been involved in a high-risk lifestyle.

More from our Sister Sites