Edmontonians are preparing to pass the hat once the Edmonton International Street Performers Festival kicks off on Friday.
Sword swallowers, contortionists, clowns and jugglers will converge once again on Sir Winston Churchill Square for 10 days of unbridled entertainment.
“Get ready to yield to laughter and some great times on the square,” said festival artistic director Shelley Switzer. “The Edmonton community, all the fantastic people come together with all of the artists and really have a great time.
“We are a festival city. When the sun comes out, we really know what to do. It’s in our bones.”
- Outdoor shows Daily, 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m. (except July 18 to 5 p.m.)
- Kids’ World Daily, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m. (except July 18 to 2:30 p.m.)
- Be your own busker Daily, 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (except July 18 to 2:30 p.m.)
- Troupe du jour Daily at 10 p.m. (except July 18)
- Late-Night Madness July 16 and 17 at 11:11 p.m.
- Closing group show July 18 at 3:30 p.m.