Idle thoughts on the NCAA tournament so far ...
- I won't call what's currently going on the "second round." It's not. It's the first round, or the round of 64. Play-in games and pigtail rounds are not the first round; they're play-in games or pigtail rounds. The second round starts later this weekend.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
- The minute Temple's Juan Fernandez threw up his 18-foot game-winner, I said "terrible shot." Then it went in. Still, it was a terrible shot.
- I'm not sure if I'm sadder for Vanderbilt or Princeton. There's nothing like an actual college doing well to remind you that this is, in fact, college basketball.
- Cincinnati has a real shot of upsetting a very good -- but very tired -- UConn team. Just a hunch.
- Similarly, Gonzaga might hand it to BYU. Call that a lesser hunch.
- I really want to see Akron come back to beat Notre Dame. (It's currently 34-30 Irish at the half.) But it won't happen.
- Morehead State!