Many expected the New York Giants to be mounting a serious charge toward the NFC East title heading into Week 9 of the 2017 NFL season. Instead, they are rooted to the bottom of the division and could possibly jettison some veterans out of town by Tuesday's trade deadline. Among those names is veteran defensive back Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
The 31-year-old who helped the Giants make the postseason last year quickly and swiftly fell out of favor with the organization that has led to dangerous fault lines within their relationship.
During a bizarre exit from team facilities earlier this month that turned out to be caused by a riff with head coach Ben McAdoo, Rodgers-Cromartie was suspended for the Giants' Week 6 victory over the Denver Broncos.
It improved their record to 1-5 before recording a pitiful 24-7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Week 7.
Now the Giants could be looking to sell, especially a suddenly-troubled member of the team like DRC.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
DRC though doesn't want to leave the Meadowlands, telling reporters on Monday "I ain't trying to go anywhere."
But a contender looking for some help in the secondary could be contacting the Giants for him. If the return is sweet enough, New York could embrace a pseudo-rebuild and make the deal. Rodgers-Cromartie is signed through the 2018 season, which would make him more than a rental for interested parties.