Talk about the ultimate wedding proposal.
At his Thursday night concert at MetLife Stadium, Bruce Springsteen had just launched into "Jersey Girl" when he noticed some activity off-stage.
Half-singing, he asked his cheering crowd "What the hell is going on down there?"That's when his guitarist, Steven Van Zandt, signaled to The Boss by pointing to his ring finger: A couple had just gotten engaged in the middle of his show.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Springsteen put a halt to his show in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and invited the happy couple on-stage.
"This is my girlfriend, Jill," the newly minted fiancesaid after Springsteen handed over his microphone. "We've been to a ton of shows together. This is by far the highlight of them all."
"Jill, you're my best friend," the groom-to-be continued. "I loveyou more than anyone else in the world. I love you more than music itself. Hell, I love you more than Bruce!"
"Sorry, Bruce,"the lucky man added after Springsteen reacted in mock disappointment. Turning to his future wife and real-life Jersey girl, he said, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."
Springsteen struck up his love song where he left off, while the couple remained onstage for a slow-dance and some once-in-a-lifetime selfies.