Hindsight is always 20/20. That happens in football, fantasy, relationships and life. But I think that most people would agree that playing crucial assets when a game is out of hand doesn’t make much sense. Owners of Rob Gronkowski and LeSean McCoy are feeling that now.
* Gronkowski broke his forearm on an extra point for the Pats’ final touchdown of their romp over the Colts. He’s going to miss at least four weeks, meaning fantasy owners can cut bait.
* Note that Julian Edelman — not Brandon Lloyd — was with Wes Welker in two-wide sets Sunday. Edelman is going to play even more now that Gronk is down. He’s a nice add in full PPR formats.
* McCoy’s concussion happened with the Eagles trailing by 25 points in the fourth quarter. Hopefully you were practicing proper handcuffing technique. Backup Bryce Brown is a talented dude.
* Danario Alexander continues to show that he’s for real. As a senior at Mizzou in 2009, this guy had 113 catches, 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns. Then his knee woes struck. Now healthy, DX is a must-start as Philip Rivers’ go-to guy.
* Another RB injury: Willis McGahee’s knee swelled up on him. Backup Ronnie Hillman continues to show real quickness through the hole. Grab him.
* Alfred Morris is now playing on third downs, ahead of Evan Royster. Big news. His catch totals should start to rise.
* I wouldn’t overreact to the ridiculous numbers put up by Justin Blackmon and Chad Henne. Every dog has his day. This passing attack has been too inept for too long to trust.
* I would put stock in the Jags’ benching of Rashad Jennings in favor of Jalen Parmele. They’ve seen enough of Jennings’ surprising ineptitude. He blew his chance while in a contract year.
* Dez Bryant has officially turned a corner and is a weekly top-5 option. Romo trusts him, and he’s running the right routes. We know the talent is there.
* Julio Jones needs a week off as he gimped through an ankle issue Sunday. Look for Harry Douglas to get on the WR3 radar this week.
* Is Jermichael Finley back? Looks that way. He had a sitdown with Aaron Rodgers during the bye week and it looked like they ironed out their problems. Finley would be a strong add for reeling Gronk owners. He’s an elite talent playing with the best QB in the game.
* Marcel Reece is a beast. I suspect the Raiders will find ways to keep him involved even when Darren McFadden (foot) gets back.
* Donnie Avery sustained a concussion Sunday, which means the TY Hilton watch is back on. Hilton already has three 100-yard games during his rookie season and is now looking at a starting role.