We know that you need some luck to win a fantasy football title. Unlike other sports, injuries are the expectation. Some owners got bit on Sunday. Let’s get to what we saw:
* Jamaal Charles reportedly tore his ACL and is done for the year. Yikes. Charles wasn’t exactly lighting it up anyway, but now owners are in bad shape. One of the problems with him is that he has no clear handcuff. Thomas Jones figures to start, but Dexter McCluster, Jackie Battle and LeRon McClain will all get carries. It’s ugly. Perhaps McCluster, who is WR eligible in most formats, has the most value here.
* Arian Foster aggravated his hamstring injury. It’s early, but I’d expect Ben Tate to have a monster game next week.
* Miles Austin also aggravated his hamstring injury after scoring three touchdowns. Really brutal break for owners as Austin was on the verge of a monster year. Now there are whispers he could be out through the Week 5 bye.
* Tony Romo cracked a rib but played through it. You can say what you want, but he’s a tough hombre.
* Let’s talk WR sleepers: Denarius Moore is a guy we have talked about a ton and he went off on Sunday. Add him. David Nelson is now the Bills’ No. 2 receiver and emerging as a nice PPR option. And Eric Decker should be on all rosters as Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal nurse groin injuries.
* Guys that I loved preseason that are beasting: Matthew Stafford, Darren McFadden, Kenny Britt, Calvin Johnson.
* Guys I loved preseason that have stunk: Shonn Greene, Felix Jones, Lance Moore, Austin Collie.
* Peyton Hillis is running himself into the ground and is getting no easy yards against weak defenses. I’d sell high.
* Daniel Thomas is alive. The Dolphins figured out Reggie Bush can’t run between the tackles. Hopefully you sold as I suggested after last week’s game.
* Vincent Jackson is a MONSTER. Hopefully you bought up as he led last week’s print edition of the fluky Week 1 flops.
* Felix Jones is hurt and not running well. Make sure Tashard Choice is on a roster.
* If Austin misses time, Kevin Ogletree is a decent add. Dez Bryant will beast.
* I can’t explain what’s going on with Chris Johnson. I’d still buy low even though he lost key reps to Javon Ringer today.
* Delone Carter is eating into Joseph Addai and Roy Helu is eating into Tim Hightower. Youth rules.
* I’m a little worried about Mark Ingram, mostly because Pierre Thomas is just too good to ignore.