In addition to a new baseball season, the Mets and Yankees are serving up plenty of new ballpark food items that could hit a home run with fans.
- This season, an Unlimited Popcorn Bucket will be sold at locations throughout the stadium. The new $12 souvenir bucket allows fans as much popcorn as they can eat. Here’s hoping for extra innings.
- The Wholly Guacamole stands in the 200 and 300 levels and the bleachers are offering 12 ounces of nachos in an official plastic replica Yankees helmet, complete with your choice of toppings. A regular size order with custom toppings is also available for those who might be less hungry.
- Three unique food stands are also primed for 2014. A chicken and waffles cart in the Great Hall at Gate 6, a tacos and empanadas cart in section 321 and the Sweetfrog Frozen Yogurt stand in section 224 might just make you forget about plain old peanuts and Crackerjack.
- The Mets have teamed up with Pat LaFrieda Meat for a tempting new item: meatball sliders. A trio of Grandpa LaFrieda’s all beef meatball sliders in traditional, homemade tomato sauce, topped with whipped ricotta on toasted rolls will be available for $12.
- LaFrieda Meat has also created a “Citi Field Amazin’ Burger” for the Delta Sky360° Club on the Sterling Level. This 10 ounce burger is a blend of boneless short rib and beef belly topped with crispy onion rings, tomato, garlic-dill pickles and American cheese served on a brioche bun.