Chipotle is now facing a lawsuit filed on the behalf of a teen who was hospitalized from an illness after eating at the restaurant's Brighton, Boston location, media outlets reported.

The suit comes on the heels of news that 140 Boston College students fell ill with norovirus after eating at the fast food chain. 

RELATED: More than 120 students show norovirus symptoms after eating at Chipotle: report

“Boston College officials said students reported feeling ill after a group of them ate at the Cleveland Circle Chipotle. In all 141 people became ill with norovirus, and 12 became sick but didn't eat at the restaurant,” WCVB reported.

“Boston health officials said an employee was sick during a shift at the restaurant and may have caused the outbreak, which is extremely contagious and causes severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.”

Steve Ells, founder and co-CEO of Chipotle addressed the lawsuit and the incidents of food poisioning saying he was “deeply sorry" during an NBC interview.

RELATED: Chipotle 'to be the safest place to eat': CEO

"This was a very unfortunate incident and I'm deeply sorry that this happened, but the procedures we're putting in place today are so above industry norms that we are going to be the safest place to eat," Ells promised.

Reuters reports that the company’s shares jumped 5 percent after the CEO issued the apology.

Matt Lee is a Web producer for Metro New York. He writes about almost everything and anything. Talk to him (or yell at him) on Twitter so he doesn’t feel lonely @mattlee2669.