A bomb threat at MCPHS University led to an evacuation at Massachusetts College of Art and Design Wednesday.

According to police, MCPHS recieved a bomb threat via email at 11:13 a.m. Bomb squads cleared the building shortly thereafter and found there were not threats inside the building, said spokeswoman Myeshia Henderson.

The official Twitter account for MassArt tweeted at 11:35 that a suspicious package had been found at MCPHS, but Henderson said the school must have had the wrong information.

"There is a suspicious device found at MCPHS please evacuate Kennedy Building at this time. Palace road is shut down," MassArt tweeted.

RELATED: Cambridge shooting leaves one dead and two injured

Later, the school tweeted an all-clear to students at 11:55 a.m.

Livestreaming footage on Fox 25's website showed police and dogs surveying the area before students filed back into the building.

The nearby Boston Latin School was briefly under a "safe mode" lockdown "as a precaution from about 11:35 am until 11:50 am," BPS spokesman Daniel O'Brien said in an email. No other schools took such precautions, he said.

The reaction comes one day after a terror attack in Brussels put cities around the world on high alert.