New York City police officials assuaged worries over an Islamic State-produced video released Wednesday that depicts both Times Square and Herald Square as potential targets of attack.
NYPD Deputy Commissioner Stephen Davis said in a statement that there is no current or specific threat to either site or New York City as of Wednesday evening.
"We are aware of the newly-released ISIL video that mentions Times Square," said Stephen Davis, a deputy commissioner with NYPD. "While some of the video footage is not new, the video reaffirms the message that New York City remains a top terrorist target."
The six-minute video shows snippets of clips with hands in prayer moments before the hands start building what appears to be an explosive device attached to a suicide vest as a man puts it on and hides it under clothing.
The man, whose face is never shown, is then seen in New York City scenery that includes Times Square, yellow cabs and pedestrians seconds before it cuts to the man pulling a trigger.
SITE Intelligence Group, an organization that tracks jihadist groups and white supremacists said the footage from the video was also previously released in April.
"While NYC is and has been a target for ISIS, today's video does not warrant any kind of panic," SITE director Rita Katz told Reuters.
NYPD's Davis added that the Police Department would "remain at a heightened state of vigilance" and stay in communication with the larger intelligence community.
"In addition, we are continuing to deploy additional Critical Response Command teams throughout the city, out of an abundance of caution," Davis said.
The city was already on alert following the deadly coordinated attacks in Paris by Islamic State extremists that killed at least 129 people.
Reuters contributed to this report.