Rapper King Louie (real name Louis Johnson Jr.) was shot in the head yesterday afternoon, the Chicago Sun-Times reports. The Chicago native was in his car when shots began being fired at him along with another passenger who was in the car with him.
Both King Louie and the other passenger were brought to Advocate Christ Medical Center and are in stable condition. Billboard reports that King Louie's management tells reporters he is awake and talking now.
Related: Looking forward while looking back
The 29-year-old rapper has recently become the subject of contraversy for his song "F—k Spike Lee," which he released two weeks ago, the same day as Lee's movie "Chi-Raq" hit theaters.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
There has been no official comment from Louie regarding the shooting and details of the suspected shooter have not been released.