A Bronxgrandmother was rushed to the hospital after several bricks fell on her head, leaving her bloody and dazed.
The bricks apparently fell from a building on Morris Avenue in the Claremont section of the borough around 4:30 p.m. Monday, according to ABC7.
The victim, who is in her mid-60s, was walking near the front door of her apartment building when she was struck in the head with the bricks, NBC4 reported.
"I just ran outside, and she was on the floor, bleeding," the victim’s granddaughter Tayah Johnson told the station.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
The building’s superintendent Carlos Cruz said he “thought she was dead.”
Authorities initially thought the bricks may have been thrown. According to ABC7, “the brick facade of the building appeared intact,” and “there were no other bricks along the roofline.” But police have determined they were not tossed.
The victim was taken to Lincoln Hospital, where she was reportedly listed in serious but stable condition.