A 39-year-old Bronx father was fatally shot Tuesday evening as he stood outside his Kingsbridge home with his teenage son, police said.
Pedro Almonte Sanchez and his 15-year-old son were standing outside Sanchez’s white SUV in front of 85 Strong St. just before 6 p.m. when a group of people on bicycles rode by and began firing.
Sanchez was struck in the head and was unconscious and unresponsive when emergency personnel arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
An unidentified 25-year-old man was also injured when a bullet grazed his head, and he was taken to Montefiore Medical Center.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Officials told CBS2 that it is not clear who the shooters were targeting, but sources told them that Sanchez’s son may have clashed with alleged gang members earlier in the day.
No arrests have been made at this time, and the investigation is ongoing, police said Wednesday morning.