It’s no secret living in New York ain’t cheap, and walking down the wide-set strips of Fifth and Park avenues are usually enough to remind most of us what we can’t afford, but also wonder: What are the richest neighborhoods in New York City?
It might surprise you which neighborhoods that the wealthiest New Yorkers like to call home — or not.
For those of you who like to get a little nosey from time to time, it’s never been easier to peek in on where the richest in Manhattan and five boroughs live: All the data is now available on the city’s GIS mapping tool. The technology breaks the numbers down into data sets — demographic, social, economic, and housing — by neighborhood, based on census data. Metro saved you some clicks and compiled a list of the richest neighborhoods in New York City.
- PHOTOS: It was a stylish No Pants Subway Ride 2019 in NYC19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
Spoiler alert: you’ll find nine out of 10 right here on Manhattan Island:
10) Upper West Side: $161,300
9) Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill: $169,555
8) West Village: $180,247
7) Hudson Yards/Chelsea/Flatiron District/Union Square: $182,129
6) Midtown/Midtown South: $184,315
5) Battery Park City/Lower Manhattan: $185,275
4) Lincoln Square: $188,144
3) Turtle Bay/East Midtown: $196,721
2) Soho/Tribeca/Civic Center/Little Italy: $235,555
1) Upper East Side/Carnegie Hill: $311,109
At No. 1 and at no surprise to anyone, anywhere, is the Upper East Side. Encompassing Central Park and with such iconic strips as Fifth Avenue, the Upper East Side has long been one off the cities most affluent.
Soho/Tribeca is climbing its way up the ladder of greatness thanks to a deluge in the construction of fancy apartments.
Those of you in Hudson Yards/Chelsea/Flatiron/Union Square can also thank the real estate boom for your rising rents and ritzy neighbors. And it’s not likely to slow down anytime soon.
As for the one non-Manhattan neighborhood on the list? You guessed it, Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill, one of the swankiest zip codes east of downtown.