This sweepstakes has ended.
Looking for a vacation with memories you’ll keep forever? Then find your way to 825 miles of beaches, world famous theme parks, natural wonders and more.
Enter for your chance to win:
• Three nights’ accommodations for four, including daily breakfast at Hyatt Place Marathon at the Faro Blanco Resort & Yacht Club
• An activity package from Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center including:
• Four Dolphin Encounter swim programs at Dolphin Research Center
• Certified / Non-Certified Dive for four in the coral reef tank and one year membership at the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters
• Private cable rental wakeboard or cable kite lesson for four with Otherside Adventure Park
• Guided 90-minute tour for four, including feeding sea turtles at The Turtle Hospital
• Ferry Boat ride for four including a historical tour of Pigeon Key at the Pigeon Key Foundation
• Round-trip coach class air transportation for four to Key West International Airport
• A four-day full-size car rental
It’s not just a lighthouse, it’s a landmark. Sitting in the shadow of its iconic lighthouse, the Faro Blanco Resort & Yacht Club and Hyatt Place Marathon have been drawing visitors to Marathon, Florida since the 1950s. Then known as the Davis Docks project or the Marathon Motel & Docks, it was later renamed in the 1960s after its lighthouse, Faro Blanco. The resort property offers a 125-room Hyatt Place hotel; 75-slip full-service, world class marina and an award-winning waterfront restaurant and bar. Amenities include two swimming pools, events lawn, charter fishing, kayaks, paddleboards, jet boat tours, sunset tours and more!
Help make your trip and vacation in the beautiful Islands of Marathon in the Florida Keys a memorable one by stopping in to the Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center! It is our mission to show you the best of the Florida Keys!
Dolphin Research Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit marine mammal education and research facility in the fabulous Florida Keys. Our dolphin and sea lion family live in dynamic social groups in all-natural sea water lagoons. Many were born here; others were rescued or rehomed from other locations. All are provided with a healthy, happy home for life. Daily visitors experience the various “dolphinalities” in narrated sessions that include fun facts, research, playtime, high-flying acrobatics, husbandry training, and more. DRC also helps guests form closer connections with the dolphins through various interactive programs such as the Dolphin Encounter swim, VIP Experience, Dolphin Explorer, and others. The dolphins are always given the choice to participate. They share their lives with us, giving us the opportunity to learn from them and inspire others to conserve and protect marine life everywhere.
At the heart of the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters‘ mission is the desire to successfully introduce people from all walks of life to the magic that the ocean and its majestic creatures through close, or even one-on-one interaction. Our hope is that creating lasting memories of positive experiences with marine life will help to create passionate individuals who care about cultivating the continued health of our marine environments.
oTHErside’s Adventure Park is an island market place and amusement park packed with fun for the whole family. With an olde Florida feel the park was resurrected from the remnants of an old fish and lobster farm located on Grassy Key, in the middle of the Keys! The main attraction is a wakeboard cable system that lets riders brush up their skills on wakeboards, kite boards, surfboards, waterskis and foil boards. The property also features a full service Boardsports shop and a bustling artists and vendor village with a number of large mural installations, statues, local craftsman, a sawmill, and of course a quaint bar.
Enjoy a guided tour of Pigeon Key National Historic District on the island of Pigeon Key. Accessible by ferry boat the island served as the turn of the century base camp for over 400 of henry Flagler’s railway workers completing the overseas railway from Miami to Key West. The tour and on island museum tell the incredible tale of how the tiny island influenced the changing Florida keys over the past 100 + years.
Located in Marathon, Florida at MM 48.5 The Turtle Hospital is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to rescuing sick and injured sea turtles throughout the Florida Keys. To date, The Turtle Hospital has successfully released over 2000 sea turtles since its inception in 1986. The Turtle Hospital was the first state-licensed veterinary hospital in the world for sea turtles. Guided Educational Tours are offered daily, 9 am – 4 pm hourly. Reservations are recommended. These guided educational experiences consist of an informative presentation, tour of the hospital including a visit to the receiving and xray room, operating room and meeting the turtles who are housed in the hospital’s tanks and salt water pool.
See below for complete rules. Limit one entry per email address. For Metro’s terms and conditions, click here. This sweepstakes is valid and open for entry from 5/1/19 through 5/31/19.
Win a trip for 4 to Marathon, Florida
Void outside of the United States. Do not proceed to enter if you are not at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of, and located within the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania or Massachusetts. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The “Win a trip for 4 to Marathon, Florida” (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Sponsor: SB New York, Inc. d/b/a Metro US, 120 Broadway, Suite 220, New York, NY 10271 (“Sponsor”) on behalf of its prize provider, VISIT FLORIDA (“Prize Provider”).
4. To Enter: Visit the Metro Sweepstakes Website: https://www.metro.us/games/sweepstakes/enter-chance-to-win-family-vacati… during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry registration form, including your full name, address, phone number and email address. Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to electronic or technical reasons beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. Entries submitted in violation of these Official Rules, or generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2019 to be eligible. All entries become the property of SB New York, Inc. and will not be returned.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: (i) verify any element of any entry, related materials or entrant’s eligibility; (ii) to request additional information; and (iii) to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or Sponsor’s advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy or negative publicity. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to provide any documentation or information deemed necessary by, and in a form acceptable to, Sponsor to satisfy the above requirement if asked by Sponsor to do so.
5. Limit: Entries are limited to one (1) entry per email address.
6. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania or Massachusetts, who are 21 years of age and older as of date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Prize Provider VISIT FLORIDA and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter or win.
7. Prize Drawing: One potential winner will be randomly selected on or about June 3, 2019, from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Notification: The potential winner will be notified by registered mail, email or phone and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, IRS W9 form, and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within three (3) business days of date of notification or an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Travel companions of winner may also be required to sign and return a Travel Liability Waiver.
9. Prize: One Grand Prize of a trip for four people to Marathon. Trip includes:
a. Round-trip coach class air transportation, from a major airport near the winner’s residence, for four (4) people (the winner and up to one (3) additional individual designated in writing by winner) to Key West International Airport. All travel must begin and end at the same major airport. Winner is responsible for ground transportation to/from the airport at point of origin. Airline shall be selected in the sole discretion of the Prize Provider. Sweepstakes winner and the additional individuals must provide all documents required for air travel in the United States. Stopovers, open jaws, circle trips or frequent traveler mileages are not permitted. Once passengers are ticketed, an airline change fee must be paid by the winner to change flights or dates of travel. Additional costs including, but not limited to, seat assignments, baggage fees, etc. are determined by selected airline and will be the responsibility of the winner.
b. Three (3) consecutive nights’ accommodations Hyatt Place Marathon at the Faro Blanco Resort & Yacht Club. Based on availability at time of booking (room and tax only).
c. A four (4) day midsize rental car.
d. An activity package from Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center including:
1. Four (4) Dolphin Encounters at Dolphin Research Center
2. Certified / Non-Certified Dive for four (4) in the coral reef tank at the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounter
3. Private cable rental wakeboard or cable kite lesson for four (4) with Otherside Adventure Park
4. Guided 90-minute tour for four (4) at The Turtle Hospital
5. Ferry Boat ride for four (4) including a historical tour of Pigeon Key at the Pigeon Key Foundation
Certificates will be valid for twelve months from the end of the promotion (May 31, 2020) and may include traditional blackout periods. Redemption instructions will accompany all certificates. Minimum age to book accommodations is 21. Minimum age to book car rental is 25. All reservations are based on availability, and must be booked at least thirty (30) days in advance of travel date. Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be sold or gifted, may not be redeemed for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Extensions to expiration dates will not be granted. Prize packages do not include travel to the departure airport or to the hotel (except as specifically included), meals (except as specifically included), incidentals, tips, telephone calls, airline baggage fees, or any other personal expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. Airline and schedule are at the sole discretion of VISIT FLORIDA. Non-stop service may not be offered. Prize winner must be one of the passengers booked in the travel party. Winner and guest(s) must have all necessary photo identification and/or travel documents required for travel. No trips may be taken during the blackout periods specified by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s prize package provider. Approximate retail value of prize is $5,183 USD. Actual value may vary based on location and timing of departure. All other expenses are the winner’s responsibility, including local and ground transportation, telephone/internet, meals, room-service charges, parking fees, and gratuities. Any penalties associated with changes made to any reservation following confirmation of booking will be the responsibility of winner. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. Terms/Conditions: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release Sponsor and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. Acceptance of the prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Sponsor or their agent(s) may use and/or display the winner’s name, address (city, state only), likeness, biographical information and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes, without further consideration, except where prohibited by law. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than the one (1) prize to be awarded, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. In no event will more than the stated one (1) prize be awarded. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in New York County, New York. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form in the amount of the prize retail value as stated herein.
12. Winner’s Name: For a copy of the official Winner’s List, send a self-addressed, business size, stamped envelope by April 30, 2020 to: “Win a trip for 4 to Marathon, Florida”, Winner Confirmation Request c/o Metro US, 120 Broadway, Suite 220, New York, NY 10271.