Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter dedicated the "Aspire" mural at 20th and Ellsworth |HughE Dillon1/3 Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter dedicated the "Aspire" mural at 20th and Ellsworth |HughE Dillon
Vittoria Woodill walked the catwalk while Nydia Han emceed the Career Wardrobe fashio|HughE Dillon2/3 Vittoria Woodill walked the catwalk while Nydia Han emceed the Career Wardrobe fashio|HughE Dillon
Tess Stumpf prepared for her Stella Rossa performance.3/3
Tess Stumpf prepared for her Stella Rossa performance.
Last month Anthony Maglio Jr. announced that his family’s famed sausage production facility at 3rd and Pattison — its home for 67 years — was moving to North Jersey, while the South Philly location would become a gourmet Italian market. Market at Maglio’s opens Dec. 3, selling Citterio meats, Cacia’s bread and, of course, the family’s sausage. Another contributor to the new market is self-confirmed former mobster, now chef, Angelo Lutz. He’s creating a Maglio sausage meatball, which he’ll also sell on QVC.
After testing her routine on an enthusiastic, invite-only audience at Stella Rossa, Allentown’s “MissFit” Tess Stumpf will perform “Bodybuilding Burlesque” at the 9th and Walnut restaurant one Friday a month, starting this week. The Borgata aerialist and founder of Infatuation Dance Company matches muscle-flexing and weight-lifting with striptease (just to the tassels, gents) influenced by childhood infatuations like “My Little Pony.”
When Bette Midler announced her 2015 tour, everyone missed the fine print: The tour is co-produced by Live Nation and Larry Magid Entertainment Group. Philly’s Magid was the boss of Electric Factory Concerts, which became part of Clear Channel Concerts, then SFX, and eventually the local Live Nation division before he split to form his own company. Tickets for Midler’s Philly date (June 16 at the Wells Fargo Center) go on sale Nov. 17.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
The Roots’ Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter joined the Mural Arts Program Saturday to dedicate a mural at 20th and Ellsworth to childhood pal Dr. Shawn L. White, a producer and musician who worked with The Roots and forged youth outreach programs for HIV/AIDS awareness. He died last year.
Seen on the scene
• After attending the Sergey Kovalev vs. Bernard Hopkins fight at Boardwalk Hall, Whoopi Goldberg ate at Atlantic City’s Continental with pals Rosie Perez and Liev Schreiber. Also at the boxing match were 50 Cent and LeSean McCoy.
• The running back was also spied with rapper Mase at Jim’s Steaks two days later, while another victorious Eagle, QB Mark Sanchez, also opted for a cheesesteak: He ate at both Pat’s and Geno’s after Monday’s win.
• Career Wardrobe and Hyatt at the Bellevue held a Tea and Fashion Show with 6ABC’s Nydia Han and CBS 3’s Vittoria Woodill, while FOX29’s Alex Holley hit Lord & Taylor for Shop Chic and Make It Count.